[Tweeters] photo request

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:02:10 PDT 2016

Hello to all those who have a better camera lens than I.

I am working on our Northwest Swan Conservation Association website. I want to feature some of the areas where you can find swans in the winter.
I am looking for photos that we could use: swans, yes. But also other birds that are there with the swans.

Sites I am seeking photos for: Sikes Lake, King County
Bob Heirman Wildlife Park, Snohomish County
Hines Marsh, Long Beach Peninsula, Pacific County (including anything someone may have taken on the Martha Jordan Birding Trail)
Crescent Lake and Monroe area (Qualco and surrounds)

Do you have a favorite place for swans that you have photos of: special farm with a corn maze (Maris Farm in Enumclaw for example)? Or Bob’s Corn or Dugwalla Bay corn maze or the water bodies next to them. Or some other spot that you have photos: Johnson DeBay Slough, farm fields, flying, flying with other birds, swans standing next to geese, mixed in with snow geese. Things like this that are valuable for others to learn from as I prepare a photo quiz page to hone your skills on swan ID.

Or if you simply would like to share some spectacular shot you have of swans – let me know. Photo credit is ALWAYS given.

Thanks so much. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Martha Jordan
Executive Director
Northwest Swan Conservation Association
PMB 272, 914- 164th St SE