[Tweeters] Marymoor Phoebe, Tolt Macdonald

Louis Kreemer lpkreemer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:46:06 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

Today I spent some time in Tolt MacDonald park, and although it wasn’t a birding trip, I still saw a couple of birds. I was happy to see at least two Rufous Hummingbirds, then later found about 35 Evening Grosbeak. I don’t have much experience with E. Grosbeaks, so it was great to watch them calling and feeding. Over five hundred Cackling Geese flew over throughout the day.

On the way home I stopped at Marymoor for a few minutes, and (Hooray!) the Say’s Phoebe was present in the East Meadow fly-catching and calling. I got my life bird at last! Also a Western Meadowlark, singing it’s heart out.

On the non-bird subject it was great to see a herd of about eight Elk while leaving Tolt. They were peacefully feeding out in a field.

Louis Kreemer,
Seattle