[Tweeters] RE: Ellensburg White-winged Crossbills still present?

Walter Szeliga walter.szeliga at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:45:37 PDT 2016

Hi All,
I’ve been on campus all week, but haven’t had time to look at the crossbills. Crossbills are present (I can hear them from my office) but I haven’t spent time figure out what they are up to or which flavor they are. It’s been crazy windy the past two days, but Sat. should be more calm. I’ve also heard and seen Crossbills in the neighborhood south of Campus (roughly Sprague to Chestnut and University to 3rd). Listening walking and listening is your best bet. Keep your eyes open for the (mostly silent) Craig’s Hill Western Scrub Jays too (hilltop east of Chestnut near 3rd).

Good luck,
Walter Szeliga
Ellensburg, WA