[Tweeters] Woodinville Bear

CHARLES E. VAUGHAN cvaughan at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 29 12:06:16 PDT 2016

Saturday night I had my 4th ever bird feeder attack by a bear. Bear climbed a 12' steel pole and wiped out the suet, peanut butter and seed feeders in my back yard. Had just been having Evening Grosbeaks, House Finches (rare out here) and my Yellow Shafted Flicker the week before. One feeder repaired, and two replaced so I am back in business, the pole is coated generously with axle grease. So far active hummingbird feeders are untouched, two weeks after the arrival of the Rufous Hummingbirds.
-Charles Vaughan