[Tweeters] Greater white fronted goose

Hubbell ldhubbell at comcast.net
Wed Mar 30 16:14:49 PDT 2016

Tweeters,

While paddling back from checking on the Villa Academy eagle’s nest, I rounded Webster Point and after a short while I was passed by a GWFG. It seemed to land near the Conibear Shellhouse. A half hour later I found it resting with some Canada Geese on Canoe Island. I took a photo and moved on leaving it undisturbed. Later still I it circled overhead three of four times with two of the Canada Geese. The three birds stayed together in their odd little formation and ended up landing on the Carp Pond.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is common behavior for the GWFG to be so kindly accepted by a pair of Canada Geese.

Larry Hubbell
ldhubbell at comcast.net <mailto:ldhubbell at comcast.net>