[Tweeters] Greater white fronted goose

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:19:08 PDT 2016

Hi Larry,

I'd say it's not unusual for geese of different species to flock together; waterfowl are, after all, quite a gregarious group! In fact, I saw just the same behavior at just the same spot in late November. While stern-gating at a football game at the UW marina, I noted a single adult Greater White-fronted Goose with a flock of Canadas. All morning, the goose went around feeding with the Canadas, and I imagine that the same thing happened with your sighting. Whether it's three geese or twelve, birds of a feather flock together!

Here's a photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132642556@N03/23087683040/

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA