[Tweeters] Skagit Lazuli Bunting, Turkey Vulture olfaction

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 17:44:13 PDT 2016

Dear Tweeters,
Good tidings from my place today, near Lyman in Skagit County--a beautiful male Lazuli Bunting vouchsafed its presence with a chip note from the top of a small fir in my front yard. That matches my earliest recorded date of arrival, the second of May.
Bad news came in the form of a pile of duck feathers and smashed duck eggs in my barn. I reckon some low-down, mangy, four-legged varmint made off with the last two ducks of my little flock.
Five minutes after I view the carnage, here come eleven Turkey Vultures, circling just a stone's throw above the roof of the barn. I reckon they smelled the remains of the ducks. The aforementioned varmint probably enjoyed his repast in the blackberries beside the barn.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch