[Tweeters] Vashon oystercatchers

Ed Swan edswan2 at comcast.net
Mon May 2 20:15:49 PDT 2016

This evening I was with Ezra Parker at KVI Beach on Vashon Island when as I stepped on to the beach I heard with great surprise the unmistakable call of Black Oystercatchers. Four were flying just off the beach, rounded the point around to the north end of the beach and began foraging in some cobble stone.

This is only the second record for Vashon and there aren't too many more for King County.

Also present was a Dunlin, some Least Sandpipers and about 15 pipits.

Ed Swan

Sent from my iPhone