[Tweeters] Yellow Billed Loon Correction

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:21:52 PDT 2016

Hi Deanna,

I saw the loon May 1st off the City Pier, and I saw a report from yesterday on eBird! The wing primaries and secondaries are pretty tattered for whatever reason, so I don't imagine that the bird will be leaving the area until it can sufficiently regrow its feathers. Good luck seeing it if you go! Make sure to check both the stretch of water between the city pier and Red Lion hotel, as well as between the ferry terminal and The Landing, one building over to the west. I also had a Long-tailed Duck pretty much right below the pier, so you never know what else you'll see!

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA