[Tweeters] Leucistic American Robin

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Fri May 6 14:49:40 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

A month or so ago, I saw a uniquely-marked leucistic American Robin in Pioneer Park in Tumwater. Unfortunately that time I was unable to get a photo despite making a valiant effort to do so. I wrote it off, figuring I'd never see the bird again. Fast forward to today when, in the same location along the path by the river, the bird showed up again. This time I got decent photos. Following is a link to the photo.

http://www.johntubbsphoto.com/-/johntubbsphoto/gallery.asp?cat=38989&pID=1&row=5

It's a good thing this bird is apparently spending most of its time in a wooded area because its coloration would seem detrimental to the birds longevity relative to predators out in the open...!

John Tubbs
Lacey, WA
johntubbs AT Comcast dot net