[Tweeters] Port Townsend FOY, FYI

Jeff Gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Mon May 9 10:02:57 PDT 2016

Yes, it's that time of year when bird changes are happening at a rapid rate. I know that because I read Tweeter's.
It also helps to walk around a bit in my own neighborhood, which I've done a lot of today, starting early this morning due to truck problems. That's a long semi-tragic story in itself, but my main point is that it is real birdy around here this morning.
For the first time of the season (FTOTS) I heard (FTHBOTS) Orange-crowned, and Wilson's Warbler's, Black-headed Grosbeak, Western Tanager, and Olive-sided Flycatcher. That last one was my favorite (first time heard bird of the season).
Not all that I heard was FOY. In one of those great birdsong comparison scenarios, both House and Purple finches were really belting it out around here, demonstrating their different tunes . Robins, the neighborhood Mallards (can you say quack) Goldfinch's , Violet-green Swallows, Cowbirds, Crows and others, were also making noises. It's great listening right now, and I'm gonna hear more soon because I'm still walking around trying to get a truck to work. Need part's, tools, and stuff like that, if you know what I mean.
Jeff Gibsonwalking aroundPort Townsend Wa