[Tweeters] Snoqualmie Valley Today

Jason Vassallo jason.vassallo at outlook.com
Sat May 14 14:38:45 PDT 2016

Hey tweets,

I enjoyed a nice morning in the Snoqualmie Valley today. It started raining on and off after about 11, but the weather before that was fine. The ebird checklist links have some photos.

I started at Tolt-Macdonald Park where it was quite active, 51 species there. It is one of my favorite spots in the valley. Nothing too unusual, but I enjoyed a few FOYs.

Next I stopped for a little bit at Stillwater, I didn’t get many good things there but enjoyed my first male Bullock’s Oriole of the day.

Next I headed to Duvall where the highlight was the continuing Western Kingbird still coming to the telephone wires in front of the slaughterhouse on W Snoqualmie River Rd NE.

Lastly I headed up to the Monroe Prison Ponds where there was some decent activity. The highlights were 2 pretty distant Pectoral Sandpipers, and at least 6 Yellow-headed Blackbirds. The Blackbirds were flying both around the cows and the ponds. I definitely saw at least 6 at once, but I think there may have been more. I was unable to pick out any Banks among the Swallows, but there definitely could be some there.

On the way home I stopped and saw the Pectoral Sandpipers where Josh had them earlier today in Redmond.

Overall 78 species in the Valley this morning.

Jason Vassallo

Jason.vassallo at outlook.com

Seattle