[Tweeters] Bird babies / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun May 15 11:02:45 PDT 2016

Good morning, Tweeters,

During our breakfast this am, we enjoyed seeing a couple of new families having breakfast too. We had juncos (male feeding) 3 babies we could count. Wish I could know where they are nesting. Also a RB nuthatch with a couple of young partaking of the seed and suet.

Still waiting for the bushtits to fledge. It's become quite secretive so thinking they are feeding hatchlings, but not quite sure.

Rufous (female) has been sitting on the bird feeder branch and also coming to the feeders and all the other plants in bloom. We've seen them 3 days in a row now - are they still migrating or are there some that nest in the area?

The usual visitors are coming - Bewick's wrens, towhees, flickers...

A great bird morning.

Caryn / Wedgwood