[Tweeters] Woodland Bottoms (Cowlitz Co)

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Sun May 15 21:35:09 PDT 2016

hi all ... Gene and I had a wet afternoon birding basically two spots in Woodland Bottoms ... we went first to a pond along Dike road to look for the BLUE-WINGED TEAL which had been ebird reported by Russ K. yesterday ... found not only one BW but also a CINNAMON TEAL pair and a VIRGINIA RAIL pair ... our next stop was at Martin's Bar to look for Bank Swallows which Russ had reported earlier last week ... no luck there but we did find five Sparrows (the GOLDEN-CROWNED, WHITE-CROWNED, WHITE-THROATED, SAVANNAH, and SONG) plus the Towhee ... that's probably the most Sparrows I've seen all in one spot in quite a while ... and, also at Martin's Bar we found a WESTERN KINGBIRD a really nice surprise !!! ... not a day for photography tho ... the drizzle never stopped.

Lyn

Lyn Topinka
Vancouver, Wa.
www.NorthwestJourney.com