[Tweeters] red knot at Ridgefield NWR River S, no green-tailed towhee

John Bishop bishopjg at earthlink.net
Tue May 17 23:26:07 PDT 2016

I was on my way to look again for the GREEN-TAILED TOWHEE at about 6:30 this evening, but decided to do a quick stop to look for shorebirds between posts 6-7, where a couple of ruddy turnstones were seen two days ago. There was a RED KNOT on the right side of the mud flat, foraging with a 7 GREATER YELLOWLEGS. A group of 15 LONG BILLED DOWITCHERS were at the left side the mudflat. All were still there when I left at about 7:30pm.
Did not find the GREEN-TAILED TOWHEE.

John Bishop
Vancouver, WA