[Tweeters] Re Avocets and Stilts - SAS Big day

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Thu May 19 10:00:36 PDT 2016

Mark Salvadalena and I led a big day with SAS staff on Tuesday, starting at 0430 at Potholes SP (GH Owl) and ending in Marymoor (Barn Owl - 4 owl day!!). We hit Para Ponds for a wide range of water birds including close Am. Avocets and BN Stilts. Had welcome flyovers by White Pelican and BC Night-Heron. No ibis or TC Blackbirds though. Good stops at Sutton Rd. (Burrowing Owl), Bullfrog Pond (west of Cle Elum), Stillwater, Lk Crescent, Yost Park ((Edmonds - Barred Owl) and the Edmonds Waterfront netted us 135 spp for a long, but highly enjoyable day. Jon Houghton, Edmonds