[Tweeters] South King Co. today

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 17:47:32 PDT 2016

Spent the afternoon mainly looking for shorebirds from Auburn to Kent. Not expecting much, after Friday's attempt at same spots yielding nothing of note save for a lone Semipalmated Plover on the mud at M Street in Auburn.
Highlights, in order of appearance:

Pectoral Sandpiper at the grassy pool behind the mud at M Street marsh. Also there wer Spotties, Killdeer, and a Greater Yellowlegs. An American Bittern in flight was a real treat, also

Lazuli Bunting singing away along the paved trail along the southern edge of Kent Ponds.

Red-necked Phalarope swimming in the middle of the westernmost of Boeing Ponds

Willow Flycatcher, my FOY, sneezing loudly from a wire along Frager Road, south of 204th

American Bittern, who flew low right over me at 212th St pond

Olive-sided Flycatcher, which I heard as soon as I stopped at the gate into St Patrick's Cemetery on 204th. Lots of traffic noise made pinpointing his location difficult, but I eventually located him atop a conifer just across Orillia Rd. also in this (always surprisingly productive) spot were the resident pair of RB Sapsuckers, this year apparently nesting in a half-dead alder just across Orillia from 204th, plus tanagers and waxwings

Jeff Bryant
Seattle
jbryant_68 AT yahoo