[Tweeters] Western Scrub Jay

D R somegum2 at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 21:52:42 PDT 2016

Hi again,
A few updates:
1) there are at least 2 scrub jays living at that corner;
2) talking to the locals, I found out that one of them is called Allen (I guess the other might be called Ellen);
3) an examination of the ebird species maps shows that these birds have probably been around for a few years, so maybe I jumped the gun by sending tweeters a message about my awesome sighting; and
4) I discovered that the street one south of 45th along Whitman is not called 44th, as I had previously reported, but is actually called Allen. It's great that the city decided to name this street after its most famous avian resident.

I'll see a rare bird eventually, and you'll all be the first to know.
Dave Robichaud