[Tweeters] How did Wenas go this weekend? WH Woodpeckers? Sapsuckers?

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Mon May 30 21:40:03 PDT 2016

Good evening,

I heard a couple white-headed woodpeckers calling around the campground, and some others saw one on Sunday, as well as a couple more that morning down by the bridge at the camp entrance. I believe one was also reported Saturday afternoon. As for sapsuckers, I only had red-naped in the campground itself (Williamson's at Bethel Ridge during the woodpecker field trip), but Williamson's sapsucker was indeed read off on the Wenas 2016 campout list at the Sunday evening campfire, so someone must have had one around camp.

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA