[Tweeters] House Wren & Whimbrels Continue @ Discovery Park

Michael Fleming michaelfleming01 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:15:42 PDT 2016

Today I birded around Discovery Park and ran into several birders that
I had not seen in a while including Jordan Gunn, David Hutchinson, and Alan
Grenon...It was really nice renewing birding relationships with these
guys. I had THREE WHIMBRELS along the south beach at 8:40 am, so these
birds are continuing to stick around. I tried for the Yellow-headed
Blackbird that Jordan saw earlier (at the lighthouse), but to no avail.
The HOUSE WREN was seen and is still at the Capehart Restoration area. I
had a total of 46 species with a few of the highlights being:

OSPREY
COOPER'S HAWK
CASPIAN TERN
VAUX'S SWIFT
RUFOUS & ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRDS
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER
WILLOW FLYCATCHER - (at the Northwest side of the South Meadow)
PILEATED WOODPECKER
WARBLING VIREO
SWAINSON'S THRUSH
BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK