[Tweeters] Blog Post - Neah Bay - Amazing in October and November - 2012 - 2016

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 09:12:42 PDT 2016

Anyone following Tweeters or Ebird is well aware of the activity in Neah Bay recently.  Great birds.  It is a pattern that has been the case for many years - certainly since I returned to active (too active?) birding in 2012.  In just the two months of October and November in that 5 year period (with the rest of November this year still ahead), Ebird reports observations of 226 species.  And many of them have been of notable or even exceptional species - the first state record of Field Sparrow found by Eric Heisey and Scott Downes and seen by many others (not me) on October 29th being the latest.
I have a number of Neah Bay related posts on my blog.  As I started to write up a fun trip with Brian Pendleton on the 31st where we ran into and birded with John Gatchet, I reflected on the incredible recent history at Neah Bay and ended up writing a two part blog post which I have dubbed The Neah Bay October/November Phenomenon.  Part I primarily looks back on 2013 and 2014 and Part II reflects on 2014 through tht October 29, 2016 trip and includes a summary of those amazing bird observations.  Enjoy...
blairbirding

| | |

| |

blairbirding
Sharing pictures, stories, reflections of my birding adventures - past, present and future... | |

Blair Bernsonblairbirding.wordpress.com