[Tweeters] Edmonds area bird sightings and Vancover WA great egrets

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 10:57:50 PDT 2016

Some bird sightings from Thursday and Friday.
Sunset Ave:  Black scoters continue to hang out off Sunset Ave. Thursday I saw a flock of nine fly in and land near the buoys that mark the outer boundary of the underwater dive park.
Fishing pier:  Thursday I saw two western grebes and Friday two common murres off the fishing pier.  At least two rhinoceros auklets have been regulars as well.  Bonaparte's gulls have been present.  Perch have been running for the past week which I suspect is bringing in the birds as well as the seals and sea lions,.

Lake Ballinger:  From the fishing dock I saw a male & female bufflehead in the water at the northwest corner of the lake.  It was my first bufflehead sighting of this fall/winter migratory season.

Vancouver, WA:  My sister reported seeing two great egrets this past week in the open area along Burnt Bridge Creek off NE 162nd Ave. between NE Poplar St. and NE Fourth Plain Blvd.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA