[Tweeters] great egret questions

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 11:06:21 PDT 2016

My sister who lives in Vancouver, WA. reported seeing two great egrets this past week in the open area along Burnt Bridge Creek off NE 162nd Ave. between NE Poplar St. and NE Fourth Plain Blvd.

Several Puget Sound area great egret sightings have recently been reported on Tweeters.  My (old) Sibley's lists their range (summer and year round) as extending as far north as the middle of Oregon.  Any guesses why they are coming up here for the winter?  Could it be related to the extended drought in California?

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA