[Tweeters] SEAWATCH: North Jetty of the Columbia River - 11/6/2016

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Sun Nov 6 13:26:54 PST 2016

I spent the morning from 08:00 to 09:30 watching the ocean from
the North Jetty of the Columbia River. Notables included SABINE'S
GULL close enough to get pictures and a BULLER'S SHEARWATER seen
with NORTHERN FULMARS just off the end of the jetty.

There was a steady southbound movement of loons, mostly COMMON and
RED-THROATED LOONS and several thousand gulls. Most of the gulls
were too far out to resolve to species, though I suspect many (if
not most) were BLACK-LEGGED KITTIWAKE.

No pelicans

See: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32404562

Three SNOW GEESE at Chinook Valley and a GREAT EGRET at Ilwaco
Boat Basin.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR