[Tweeters] Discovery Park Snow Bunting continues

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Sun Nov 6 18:11:50 PST 2016

Hi Tweets - I think Kathleen and I were lucky enough to be the 'friendly birders' who put Lonnie Somer on the Snow Bunting this afternoon - and we'd like to thank Carol Riddell for the ebird detail that led us to the bird! On our way back from West Point lighthouse (alas, no Ancient fly-bys while we were there), we also able to put a couple of photogs from Renton on the bird - still hanging in there along the dirt path to the east under South Bluff, about 3 pm. Fortunately no dogs around at that moment. We did speculate on the hike back to the Visitors' Center about the lack of any park staff around, on a super busy sunny Sunday: So, who actually enforces the Seattle regulation of no dogs on the beach (let alone, unleashed dogs)? Just wondering... Also, I must say that the bunting was challenged for the 'cute bird of the day' by a dozen or so Pacific Wrens, seemingly busy and chattering along all the woody places, on the trails we walked in the park. Happy Birding!! - Jon Houghton, Edmonds