[Tweeters] WOS Program Tonight - Tim Boyer

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 10:33:44 PST 2016

The Washington Ornithological Society (WOS) meets tonight at the Urban Horticulture Center.  Our program speaker will be Tim Boyer and the program will be Understanding Shorebirds, the Miracle of Migration.  Emphasis will be on eight of the forty-two common shorebirds found in Washington are discussed, as we will explore the trans-ocean migration of Bar-tailed Godwits, Pacific Golden-Plovers, Sanderling and other birds that cross the majority of the Pacific Ocean. We’ll look at where they migrate, why they migrate and how they are able to travel so far. These global migrants require global conservation and climate change solutions. In a effort to understand their remarkable journeys we need to look beyond the North American borders and see where shorebirds spend most of their lives.
We have another excellent speaker for December when award winning photographer Paul Bannick will present a new program featuring video, sound and stories from the field plus images from his new book, Owl: A Year in the Lives of North American Owls - a stunning follow up to his previous book The Owl and the Woodpecker
Social begins at 7:00 P.M. and the prsentation starts at 7:30.  Are all welcome.
Blair Bernson, WOS Program Chair