[Tweeters] Magnuson visit / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Tue Nov 8 13:02:00 PST 2016

Hi Tweeters,

Inspired by one of Scott Ramos recent posts, we went to Promontory Point and Ponds today. The weather perfect, but birds not too cooperative.
The exciting moment was finally seeing what all the crows were making noise about. We saw a Bald Eagle fly out of the woods with fish in talons and crows chasing after it.

On the ponds were a few Pied Billed Grebes, Mallards, Wigeon, one female Bufflehead. Tried calling "kidick-kidick" to see if a Rail might come out but to no avail.

Saw Towhee. Heard Bewick's Wren and a RC Kinglet (I think). Not a lot of birds in the trees or on the water.

Heard a couple of frogs and saw a couple of Bluedarners!

A gorgeous day away from politics! Hang in there everyone!

Oh, yesterday Gene saw a V-formation of about 50-100 unidentified geese flying south.

Caryn / Wedgwood