[Tweeters] Bohemian Waxwings on the Waterville Plateau-11 November

Andy Stepniewski steppie at nwinfo.net
Fri Nov 11 19:38:55 PST 2016

Tweeters,

There were a couple flocks of Bohemian Waxwings, totaling about 40 birds in a crab apple at the corner of L (Heritage, or Woods) and 5th on the southern Waterville Plateau this afternoon. We are Brian Pendleton, Darchele Worley, Ellen Stepniewski, and myself. We saw 12 species of birds in a couple hours, including a couple more northern visitors: Rough-legged Hawks and Lapland Longspurs. According to Brian, it looks like these are the first Bohemians reported this fall in Washington.

Andy Stepniewski
Wapato WA
steppie at nwinfo.net