[Tweeters] Alki Point Red Phalarope, Clark's Grebe

Sam G Terry sgt3 at uw.edu
Mon Nov 14 12:02:23 PST 2016

Hi tweeters,

This morning I had great views of a Red Phalarope off Alki Point in
Seattle. The bird flew in from the south at 9:40am and foraged for the next
25 minutes ranging from 20-100 yards off the point. At 10:30 I saw it again
(assuming it was the same bird) flying north over Elliot Bay.

There was also a Clark's Grebe with the Western Grebe flock off the north
side of Alki. I've been hoping to get a chance to pick through the flock
and they were finally in great light, and not all sleeping.

Lastly, there were several Orcas heading north through the sound when I got
there.

Good birding,

Sam Terry
Seattle