[Tweeters] Shilshole Brown Pelican, yes Wed AM.

Darwin O.V. Alonso dalonso at uw.edu
Wed Nov 16 16:44:33 PST 2016

I saw the Brown Pelican near where Carol Riddell described (Tweeters Nov
14th, THANKS!).
It flew around "inner" Shilshole Bay until around 11 AM when it flew in
toward the Locks. I didn't see it after that, even though I checked the
locks and the Bay until around 1P. I didn't see it dive or perched, just
circling. The photos were taken from the big open wooden dock
adjacent/left of Rays Boat House. There was a small flock of B. Goldeneyes,
a Bald Eagle (or two?) bugging gulls, and a Belted Kingfisher around the
dock, too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-4t3qquG3-ZFl1SHZyZ00ya0U/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-4t3qquG3-c2ZVSGc4TW1BT3c/view?usp=sharing

It was a hike-or-bike lifer for me, and it turned out to be a beautiful day
and ride over from the U-District. There was a lot of sudsy looking foam
near the Locks, ... .

--
Darwin Alonso
University of Washington