[Tweeters] San Juan County Goodies

Rick Taylor taylorrl at outlook.com
Wed Nov 16 22:39:31 PST 2016

Tweeters,

Tina and I headed out to San Juan island today. We had a pair of Red Phalarope on the ferry ride out. We found the previously reported Burrowing Owl on Pickets Lane at the American Camp. Moving to Cattle Point I found a juvenile Black-legged Kittiwake in the gull scrum around a sea lions lunch. We moved on, checking the lakes for odd ducks and found a male Canvasback and a female Ruddy Duck on Sportsman Lake. Both are surprisingly hard to find in the San Juans. It was a really good day!

Rick

Rick Taylor
Everett, WA