[Tweeters] Soundwatching - Edmonds & Richmond Beach

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:00:39 PST 2016

I was seawatching at Richmond Beach yesterday (16 Nov 2016) and Edmonds & Richmond Beach today. Highlights included the following:

- a fly-by Cassin's Auklet at Edmonds today heading south around 9:45 AM. I was watching from Sunset Avenue but should have been at the fishing pier. It looked like it made a close pass by there.

- 3 Ancient Murrelets yesterday and 2 today at Richmond Beach. They were also heading south.

- ~50 Barrow's Goldeneyes at Richmond Beach yesterday with the Surf Scoter flock. Oddly, the flock was absent today. There was only one Black and one Surf Scoter on the water. I've been out for only a limited time this fall, but it seems that Barrow's may be more common this fall. I think I've had a few fly-bys during all of my visits to Edmonds and Richmond Beach.

John Puschock

Matthews Beach, Seattle