[Tweeters] Salmon Creek Trail, Vancouver, WA

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 16:50:59 PST 2016

Of course I had to take advantage of the beautiful weather to go for a walk!  Starting at the softball fields I walked west.  At the pond (and across the trail at the other pond) there were American Widgeons, a pair of Buffleheads, a Hooded Merganser couple, a couple of Pied-Billed Grebes, Mallards, a Great Egret, and a pair of Belted Kingfishers chasing each other.  I walked past the curve in the creek that is nearest the river, and saw a bush that was hopping with bird activity. There were Golden-crowned Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Spotted Towhees, and a Bewick's Wren. But the best sighting was in the brambles below, where I spotted a tan-striped White-throated Sparrow.https://www.flickr.com/photos/11815777@N07/31129859916/in/dateposted/

Michelle MaaniSalmon CreekVancouver, WA