[Tweeters] Red Phalaropes, Peregrine Falcon, and BIF at Ocean Shores STP

William Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 26 07:01:43 PST 2016

Hello Tweeters,

I just sent this link by mistake with my message. Yesterday
Bill and I spent some very enjoyable time at the Ocean Shores Sewage
Treatment Plant. The sun was out and there was a large flock of ducks and
other birds hanging out in the ponds, probably because there were hunters
all over the game range with decoys in the water. Along with the ducks were
about 15 Red Phalaropes, which we photographed. There is also a Peregrine
Falcon that likes to hunt near the STP and he kept swooping over. Every
time he swooped, the birds took flight. Bill was busy taking pictures of
the BIF (Birds in Flight). I put a small collection of these photos on
Flickr, primarily because I thought it was so neat to find the phalaropes.
One of the gulls in the collection I am guessing is a Herring Gull. But if
any of you thinks I have made a mistake, I am always happy to be corrected.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/albums/72157676994457086

Charlotte Byers, Seattle