[Tweeters] Neah Bay - 26 November 2016
g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:03:15 PST 2016
I haven't seen a recent report from Neah Bay, so here's a quick rundown of what JC Vicente and I saw this past Saturday (11/26/2016). I believe all birds have been previously reported on Tweeters or found by others while we were there:
- Around the intersections of 1st and 2nd Ave with Lincoln, the Blue-gray Gnatcatcher and hybrid Golden-crowned X White-crowned Sparrow were easily found. Later in the day, I heard a report of Palm Warbler in the area.
- At the base of the jetty, the Clark's Grebe was present on the town side. Four Red Phalaropes were very close on the opposite side.
- A Northern Mockingbird was in the holly tree and adjoining vegetation about a block east of the convenience store.
- Five species of geese were present in various areas, including a single Brant in a flock of Cackling Geese in the Wa'atch Valley
- Other birds in the Wa'atch Valley included a Rough-legged Hawk, two Northern Shrikes, and three Red Phalaropes just west of Hobuck Rd.
- One Tropical Kingbird on the beach in the western part of town. I heard another was seen on a wire in town.
We also saw two birders enter the overgrown lot between 1st and 2nd Avenue east of Lincoln in pursuit of the Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, which then flew west of Lincoln. I don't know if they had obtained permission to enter the lot, but it didn't look good. I was waiting for it to come closer to the road on the 2nd Avenue side....Well, anyway, I don't know the full story; maybe they had asked for permission, so I won't out anyone, but please respect private property.
Matthews Beach, Seattle
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters