[Tweeters] Red phalaropes on the LB peninsula

Debra Sutherland shadowfax4jctm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:28:40 PST 2016

Has anyone birded the Long Beach (WA) peninsula lately? My brother-in-law
just texted me a picture of a bird inquiring it's identity. It was a Red
Phalarope. He said they have been coming to the "lakes" that form in the
dunes there with all the rain they have had. The phalaropes have been
swimming around like phalaropes do but now are getting listless and dying.
I told him to contact Fish and Wildlife. If any of you live near there you
might want to check it out. If you know who to contact down there please
do. Thanks.