[Tweeters] Re: Wandering Scrub Jays in Seattle

Stewart Wechsler ecostewart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 12:51:42 PDT 2016

With the Scrub Jays increasingly being seen in Seattle, I wasn't sure if my
sighting of another Scrub Jay in Seattle was worth a posting, but since
Dennis started the discussion, I will add my sighting. On Friday,
September 30th in the late afternoon I saw my first Scrub Jay, within a
block of my apartment (we could call it a new "yard bird" for me) in West
Seattle at 42nd Ave SW and SW Edmunds St.. The bird I saw was also an
immature and I too suspected it was in a dispersal wandering mode. I know
that Scrub Jays are now a regular feature nesting in Georgetown, at the
south end of Seattle, north of Boeing Field, and I have had recent reports
of them in White Center, at the south end of West Seattle. I would be
interested in knowing where else they are now being seen within Seattle and
to the north of Seattle.

Stewart Wechsler
West Seattle
www.stewardshipadventures.com