[Tweeters] Cedar River Mouth, Renton

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Wed Oct 5 20:20:49 PDT 2016

This afternoon I was admiring the following alternate plumaged gulls at the Cedar River Mouth:
Mew Gull
Ring-billed Gull
California Gull
Thayer's Gull
Glaucous Gull
Herring Gull
(no shorebirds today)

Up walks Jeff Bryant. He tells me he had just seen a LAPLAND LONGSPUR. He led me right to the bird. Oh my. ( Jeff reported this bird earlier on Tweeters. ) The longspur was in the open, allowing close images for as long as I wanted. The bird was still there when I left. It was an amazing observation/photo opportunity.

I took many, but will bore you with a few. http://www.pbase.com/marvbreece/new_images

This park is at the south end of Lake Washington and is east of and adjacent to the Renton airport. It's where the Renton Rowing Center is.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com