[Tweeters] Gog-Le-Hi-Te Wetland Migrants - Lapland Longspurs, MacGillivray's Warbler, Hammond's Flycatcher, etc.

Will Brooks willjaponicus at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 15:21:09 PDT 2016

Hey All,
The end of the strong southerly winds brought a decent push of migrants, meaning I had an great morning at Gog-Le-Hi-Te Wetland. In the woodland area of the first "pond" there were a couple roving groups of songbirds. The first bird I got on was a MACGILLIVRAY'S warbler, a real nice bird to get down by the sound. Other warblers present were Yellow-rumped, Orange Crowned, Yellowthroat and one BLACK-THROATED GREY. Other migrants present were two HERMIT THRUSHES and a calling HAMMOND'S FLYCATCHER.
Two LAPLAND LONGSPURS continued, one hanging out in the freshly mowed middle field and one flying over. Also present in the middle field was a flyover AMERICAN PIPIT, a WILSON'S SNIPE which I flushed from the grasses and still lots of lingering Savannah Sparrows.
eBird Checklist with PHOTOS:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S31964842

Good Birding,Will BrooksTacoma, WAwilljaponicus at yahoo dot com