[Tweeters] Hermit Thrush: Okay!

Josh Hayes Coralliophila at live.com
Mon Oct 10 13:03:39 PDT 2016

My wife tells me that after an hour of quiet in a box in the kitchen to warm up, she took the bird outside and it flew to the railing, stood around for a moment, and flew off. Happy ending! A new yard bird, and it survived the experience!

It's odd how many yard birds we've seen only once, from window strikes: Swainson's thrush comes to mind. My first orange-crowned warbler was also a window strike, although we've seen plenty since then. Huh.

Thanks for all the info, though!

Josh Hayes in suddenly sunny Education Hill