[Tweeters] Re: Lapland Longspurs - no luck today in Lewis Co

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 11 15:44:38 PDT 2016

As luck would have it, I was up at Riffe Lake in Lewis Co today, hoping for just that thing - alas, no luck in the couple of hours I spent at the east end of Riffe Lake and the hour I spent at the west end. Still plenty of American Pipits around, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a longspur was lurking somewhere up there. But no luck today.
As a good consolation prize, in the channel on the west end, a Long-billed Dowitcher and a Pectoral Sandpiper were hanging out allowing great views.

Best,

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA