[Tweeters] Vancouver Lowlands Black Phoebe

Hy-bird re_hill at q.com
Tue Oct 11 21:22:13 PDT 2016

I was out scouting today for a possible field trip Saturday as it was
bluebird weather after the fog burned off, albeit a pretty late start.
Winter birds haven't really arrived yet but some migrants hanging around,
with cranes and pelicans on Vancouver Lake. I had 60+ species from about
10:15-2:15. I did find a Black Phoebe today, my first in Clark Co. in more
than 2 ½ years, opposite the Shillapoo Lake access toward the north end of
SR501 ext. Nothing else of note, and my visit to Post Office Lake was
disappointing with mostly wigeon on the lake, after a report of a Snowy
Egret at Campbell Lake a little north during a Birdfest weekend crane roost
visit.

Randy Hill

Ridgefield