[Tweeters] Lots of ducks

Philip Dickinson pdickins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 17:57:20 PDT 2016

The Everett Sewage Lagoons were loaded with ducks this afternoon, including
a big influx of Northern Pintails, Ring-necked and Northern Shovelers. My
estimates:

Northern Pintail-1200 (NW corner of lagoon)
Ruddy Duck-1000
Northern Shoveler-800
Ring-necked-300
Mallard-200+

Also a few Lesser Scaup, Gadwall and Green-winged Teal. I could not find
the reported integrade among the teals in the southeast corner. I did find
the Eared Grebe that has been reported several times.

Also far more than the usual number of gulls coming in off of the sound,
including Glaucous-winged, hybrids, Mew, California and Ring-billed.

Phil Dickinson
Lake Stevens