[Tweeters] Jane Alexander, a new novel, and a bird photography contest

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 19:36:03 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I guess I'm the self-appointed Chair of the self-imagined Tweeters Announcement Committee tonight
Three relevant things today from the Times that I haven't noticed on tweeters and the people involved may or may not be planning to announce on tweeters:
Jane Alexander, the actress and wildlife activist is coming to Town Hall Seattle 7:30 on Oct 22 with her new book Wild Things, Wild Places.
A new novel is out by NW author Jim Lynch.  Titled Border Songs, it apparently features a birding Border Patrol agent operating in Whatcom Co.
The Seattle times is sponsoring a bird photography contest that appears to have really significant prizes.  Go to their webpage at:   seattletimes.com/submitphotos

Thanks all

Ed Newbold

and of course, here's the obligatory link to my last blog about our last trip to the New Mex bootheel.   I got very few photos, but some of the non-photographed highlights were a A Varied Bunting within 5 ft of the spot Trump wants to build a wall, a Short-tailed Hawk over Rustler Park, and disturbing a meeting between a Badger and a Common Raven.

Ed Newbold | We visit the Wall, the Ranch, the high Chiricahuas and the coast

| | |

| |