[Tweeters] Point Defiance, Tacoma

Bruce blabar at harbornet.com
Mon Oct 17 15:36:12 PDT 2016

At the very point of the 5 mile drive in the park, was an incredible amount of bird activity this afternoon! Peter Wimberger alerted me that he had seen 2 Parasitic Jaegers here earlier. Ed and Kay Pullen and I got there and found 1 Parasitic on the water. Ed and Kay had to leave so I did a two hour sound watch. Wow, the rain squalls brought in the birds close to the point. I recorded at least 2000 Bonaparte Gulls, 100 Mew Gulls and at least 8 Parasitic's! Also 3 Heermann's Gulls and immature Brown Pelican, that floated by me!
Good time to check the sound to see what else the storms have brought in.
Bruce LaBar