[Tweeters] Red Breasted Sapsucker, etc... / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Wed Oct 19 17:19:31 PDT 2016

Afternoon, Tweeters,

Earlier today I caught sight of a Red Breasted Sapsucker in our apple tree. Also had a Downy and I do think a Hairy Woodpecker as well.

Lots of Juncos are here now and had one that was quite dark brown. One surprise was seeing nearly one of the feeders filled with Goldfinches! I've not seen that many in our
yard due to it not being wide open. Maybe they'll start to be regular now that they know there's some good eats at Caryn's.

Also had RB Nuthatches, Towhees, Chickadees and many Robins. Song Sparrows, House Finches...hmmm, who am I forgetting?

Oh of course - several Flickers, a Bewick's Wren. I've had a few glimpses of the Pacific Wren at dusk. I wish I could find where it roosts.

I'm sure someone didn't get mentioned - like the Bushtits and Steller's Jays...but it's nice to see some birds returning.

Caryn

How could I forget my Anna's!! Wishing I saw the Hermit Thrush today, but I must have not had my eyes glued to the "yarden".