[Tweeters] Short-Eared Owl or Northern Harrier/Edie Rd/Stanwood

Steve Krival stevekrival at live.com
Sun Oct 23 22:33:46 PDT 2016

Does anyone know if Northern Harriers feed after dark? I was at mouth of the Stillaguamish this afternoon and evening. From 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM I saw several pairs of NHs working the marsh between Eide Rd and the other side of the 532 bridge. Too far off for me to confidently ID I thought I saw 1-2 short-eared owls. I left and came back at 7:30 PM. I had a strong Led bike light and with me, and for about 5 seconds, saw either an owl or NH hunting low over the marsh. If NHs don't feed at night, then it was likely a SEO.