[Tweeters] Mercer Island Lakewatch

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:16:21 PDT 2016

Hello Tweets,

I've been looking for a way to scope Lake Washington from the south tip of Mercer Island for a little while, and just yesterday I found a public dock on Google Maps with an expansive view of the water. Inspired by recent Cedar River reports, I was excited to check it out this afternoon, and I was not disappointed!

In my 50 minutes of watching, I spotted a whole bunch of Western Grebes, one Common Loon and a flock of 21 Bonaparte's Gulls very distantly to the southwest, all but two of them sitting on the water. I look forward to further surprises on subsequent visits throughout the winter!

http://ebird.org/ebird/pnw/view/checklist/S32216845

With the addition of Common Loon and Bonaparte's Gull, my Mercer Island list now stands at 105.

Good birding, Joshua Glant
Mercer Island, WA