[Tweeters] Nice shorebirds at Tulalip bay, 25 October 2016 include Red Knot., American golden plover & as well, an American pipit

Maxine Reid baconmf at mail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:27:07 PDT 2016

Hi tweets
Today there was 1 American pipit on mission beach ,walking along the waters edge
And dipping its tail. Only my second sighting out here.
On the spit were hundreds of Dunlins and Black bellied plovers , a virtual carpet
Of shorebirds. This was about 12:00 noon when the tide was about 9 feet.
There was a single Red knot in their midst and an American golden plover beside some
Black bellied which I saw both standing and flying.there were a few western sandpipers
As well. A lone Killdeer was on our neighbors dock.
Later when the tide was going out there were 3 black turnstones along the small inner spit about 200 yards from our house.They were with BBPL and DUNL.
At times the DUNL and BBPL were flying en masse.
Total shorebird species-7

Cheers and good birding ,
Maxine Reid

Sent from my iPad