[Tweeters] WOS Program Monday November 7th - Tim Boyer "Shorebirds, the Miracle of Migration"

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 20:27:47 PDT 2016

Mark your calendars for another superb Washington Ornithological Society program on Monday November 7th.  Our speaker will be Tim Boyer and the program will be Understanding Shorebirds, the Miracle of Migration.  Emphasis will be on eight of the forty-two common shorebirds found in Washington, as we will explore the trans-ocean migration of Bar-tailed Godwits, Pacific Golden-Plovers, Sanderling and other birds that cross the majority of the Pacific Ocean. We’ll look at where they migrate, why they migrate and how they are able to travel so far. These global migrants require global conservation and climate change solutions. In a effort to understand their remarkable journeys we need to look beyond the North American borders and see where shorebirds spend most of their lives.

WOS Programs are open to all.  They are held at the Urban Horticultural Center (next to Montlake Fill) just off the University of Washington Campus.  Doors open aat 7:00 for socializing and the program starts at 7:30.  Please join us.
Blair BernsonWOS Program Chair